St Paul Island is definitely not a white sand beach destination with 5-star hotel located in the middle of it. Quite the opposite; remote and uninhabited.
The team understand the need for CY9M on various bands and modes – with careful thought and planning we’ll be using the following equipment on the island.
- 2 x 5.5kw Generac generators.
- 6 x Elecraft K3 transceivers.
- 2 x Acom 1010.
- 2 x Ameritron ALS 500.
- 1 x RF Power HVLA700 amplifier.
- 3 x G3TXQ Broadband Hexbeams by MW0JZE for 10-20m.
- 2-el Vertical Dipole Arrays for 15-20m.
- 1 x Full sized vertical for 30m.
- 2-el Phased Vertical Array for 40m.
- 1 x Full sized vertical for 80m.
- 1 x Top loaded vertical for 160m.
- 1 x 6M5XHG 50Mhz beam.
- 2 x Pennant RX antennas.
- 2 x Beverage antennas.
- 4 x 100 A batteries for fuel economy and UPS/Backup.
- 2 x large tunnel tents, CW + SSB camp.
In addition, we’ll be taking at least 500l of fuel and 500l of water – this is certainly no lightweight expedition.
If you would like to help offset some of our costs, please visit the donate page.